Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My smarty pants- Isabella

There have been some funny and amazing things that Bella has done in the last few weeks that I keep telling myself to write down so that one day she can read when she is older. I want her to be able to look back and see all the things that she was doing at a certain age. So here goes:

-She was eating a chip the other day and she pulled it out of her mouth and she said to me "look,Mommy it's Califowwnia". It most certainly did look like the state of California. A little background on this: Eric bought Bella a United States puzzle, and I asked him why he had done this being that she was only 2 years old! Anyway,much to my dismay, she loves it! She has learned where EVERY single state goes, and can tell me about 12-15 state names. She absolutely amazes me. I know that learning the states is not really developmentally appropriate, but she does love it.

-She knows every letter of the alphabet and recognizes them on the tv, books, or when we are out at the stores. For example, her and I were at the library and she would point out to me every number and letter down the aisles.

-She recognizes that in books that they are made up of words. In fact, she was reading her baby bible book and she said to me "look Mommy, my bible has lots and lots of letters". She loves books so much and enjoys the library and checking out her own books.

-she is using anywhere from 5-10 word sentences (yes I count). She is using articles (a, the, an), using pronouns correctly, she knows her first,middle and last name, she knows mine and Eric's names, she can answer questions and is now asking me questions, knows boys vs. girls, knows all colors, knows the difference between little and big.

-she really loves engaging in pretend play. She loves to cook for us in her kitchen and play with her baby dolls. One time I actually caught her trying to feed her baby from her chest. Obviously she sees me feed Julian,and when I saw her do it to her doll, I laughed so hard!!

-She loves to help me cook dinner in the evening. She sits on the counter and stirs whatever it is that I am cooking. She has to be involved in all parts of the cooking. When it's ready, it is her job to go and tell Daddy that dinner is ready. After eating dinner together, she helps by bringing the dishes from the table to the sink. She thinks this is all so fun, I know that wont last long!


-She still has a little lisp with her /s/ and /th/ sounds. I think it's so cute! I keep picturing her in school one day and telling her friends "my mom's a speeth thewapitht".

-She knows that "shit" is a bad word and when I say it she says "no mommy we dont' say shit, we say shoot"!! that really cracks me up when she does that. I know, I shouldnt laugh,but it is kind of funny.

I continue to be surprised about how much information she retains. I have a feeling she is going to love school. I love that she loves to learn and Im going to do my best to keep her learing fun :)



My little nerd at the library


No comments: