Thursday, July 18, 2013

My baby turns 5

Where has my little girl gone??? I'm in shock that I now have a school age child. For her actual birthday, we decorated the house and she got to choose what she wanted for dinner-either go out or choose a homemade meal. What a shock...she chose mom's spaghetti and meatballs. Eric made her an awesome Minnie cake and then she opened her gifts. Mom and dad bought her a new tea set, her very own camera, and a play station game. She was a very happy girl!

At 5 years old, Bella is 44 inches tall (70th percentile) and 41 pounds (58th percentile). Bella is now reading! We started off doing some sight words, and once she had the basics down, we began with simple books. She can now read beginners books. I'm so proud of her and her determination. She's one smart cookie. At five, she's so independent and so easy going. She rarely gets upset and is pretty much always happy. Her and I spend a lot of time together shopping, cooking, reading, snuggling, writing. Her and I are mom and daughter besties. She is really fun to be with, and I love being with her as much as possible. her and Eric have a special bond as well. She is her daddy's baby and he beams with pride because of her. God really blessed Eric and I with a wonderful daughter.

 

 

 

 

No comments: