Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend 09

This Thanksgiving was much different than prior years. Normally, we get together with Eric's side of the family 1st and then I cook with my Mom and we have another feast. However, this year things did not work out that way. My Grandfather passed away the weekend before Thanksgiving and I just was not in the crazy fun mood I am usually in for Thanksgiving. We went to my in-laws house for a fantastic Thanskgiving meal. It was great for Bella to play with her 4 cousins and get in some Grandma and Grandpa time. We stayed there all day, and I didn't have to cook ANYTHING! That was so strange to me! The funny part was, I had the most adorable dress for Bella to wear for Thanksgiving, and she hated it the second I put it on! She kept saying "off, off, off" and yanking at the dress. It was too hilarious. I distracted her from it and she ended up wearing it. That girl of mine is not a big dress lover. My mom always said I was the same way as a baby, go figure! Thanksgiving was awesome to spend with our family and dinner was awesome!
On Friday, my sister, Dad, and Rhonda got to Tucson for my Tata's services that would take place Sunday. I drove to Tucson Friday with Bella and visited with the family, and brought back Cassy with us that night. Saturday, I cooked a turkey and we had Thanksgiving with our Mom. Everything was sooo yummy! My mom cooked a prime rib as well and of course all the fixings. I made the mashed potatoes of course, as I am always on mashed potato duty because they are fabulous, if I do say so myself! That afternoon, I started to feel nauseous and was not really in the mood to eat, so I called Jen and Kev who were going to join us, and told them I was not feeling well. My mom still came of course to see my sister and I did end up eating a little. Overall, the day was a success and was glad to be in the kitchen with my family.






Bella's 1st cousins

7 brothers and sisters

1st generation cousins

2nd generation cousins

No comments: