Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PREGNANT???

A little over 4 weeks ago, I found out I was pregnant! Of course this was a HUGE shock to us because I was on birth control. The pill I was on did not regulate my cycle as it should, and obviously did not do it's main purpose:) What was even more shocking is that I was off of birth control for over 3 years before getting pregnant with Isabella, and here I was on birth control and still managed to get pregnant. I started to not feel well, and in my gut, I just KNEW I was pregnant. I took the test at home , and within 3 seconds it was positive. I almost started to hyperventilate! I still to this day am in shock. I called Eric immediately and told him the news. At first, he did not believe me, but he knew in my voice I was not joking! I have had 4 weeks to come to terms with the fact, as well as 2 ultrasounds. Of course we knew we wanted another child, we were just thinking in another 2 years. OK,OK I was thinking in another 2 years! Eric is so excited to have another baby and I really do think that being a Dad is what makes Eric feel complete. However, he is not the one who is pregnant, sick, up to do late night feedings, and home as much as I am. I know that it truly was God's will for me to be pregnant because to get pregnant on birth control is not an easy thing to do. After many talks with Eric and my best girl friends, they have reassured me that everything will be fine. Things always seem to work out for us, and they will continue to do so. I know that this baby will be loved just as much as Isabella is and they are a gift from God. I'm still just in shock! Anyway, I am due June 30th so Isabella and him or her will be a month and two years apart. What I worry most about is making sure Isabella continues to get as much attention as she does. Because Eric and I are home so much during the week with her, she gets so much learning time, play time, and just Mommy and Daddy time that we can offer. We are going to make sure that Isabella is given all the time she needs with us. So... the journey of pregnancy begins again!! I have been off and on nauseous. However, it was much worse with Isabella. I am able to at least eat ( I was not able to with Bella and ended up losing 15 lbs my first trimester). I have not gained any weight yet, but my tummy is getting hard already. I have no preference of a boy or girl really. I would really love for Bella to have a sister. I love having a sister, and can't imagine not having a sister and would love for Bella to experience sisterhood. However, a boy would be awesome as well. 1 boy and 1 girl, sounds good to me! we have many more weeks until we find out the sex, in the meantime, I'm waiting anxiously to get through the 1st trimester!

No comments: