Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Before Isabella, Valentine's Day was all about Eric and I. Now of course things have changed! Eric and I still did celebrate the special day on Saturday with dinner and a movie, which was nice. On Sunday, Eric had to work so it left Bella and I to get things done for our Valentine's dinner and prayer and candle lighting in honor of Isabella's baptism anniversary. First, I made her and I blueberry pancakes..yum! We then got started on making Valentine's cards for Daddy, Nino Stevie, and Nanni. She loves to do anything where she gets to help so she sat down on the table and helped make each and every card. She loved sprinkling the glitter :) Then it was time to make the cupcakes. She loved mixing the batter and adding all the ingredients. She loves to help make salads or anything involving food :) I let her taste the batter a few times and when it was time to take the batter away, she cried :( A picture is below, it's cute!
It was then time for her nap while I started dinner and set the table. I made Chicken and mushroom Fettucine. Yum!! As I was making dinner, Eric came home and I had him wake Bella from her nap. Together they made the Caesar Salad. Nino and Nanni joined us for dinner and Bella gave them each their cards. After dinner, we lit Bella's Baptism candle and I read the prayer that we have to read every year and we each promised to continue to teach her all about God and our faith. It was very sweet. Eric and Steve did some work in my laundry room while Nani, Bella, and I to frosted the cupcakes. Bella loved them! My little girl definitely has a sweet tooth she inherited from her Daddy.
It was such a good and long day. It was so sweet to celebrate it with our loved ones and for Isabella to start our family traditions. Happy Valentine's Day to all!






CRYING BECAUSE I TOOK AWAY THE CUPCAKE BATTER










1 comment:

shoregirl said...

Love the Valentine's Day pictures! Supercute! What a good little helper you have. Bella cried when you tried to take food away? no way! ;) love you guys and glad you had such a great day filled with love!