Monday, December 27, 2010

Tamale family day

Every year for more than 30 years, my dad's side of the family gets together the week before Christmas to make tamales. We havent been in many years, but since my dad was able to go this year, I thought it would be great to join them. I drove with the 2 babies to Tucson since Eric was at work. My Tia Alicia sets up tables in the garage for all of us to stand in an assembly line and make the tamales while listening to Mexican music. We have endless food, desserts, and beer. Bella played the entire time with all of her cousins and literally ran around for hours. JJ was passed around from family member to family member and never fussed once. It was such a good time. I only wish that I could, along with my kids, see our family more often. Bella especially had fun playing with all of her cousins. She also had a great time dancing to the Mariachi music, it was so cute! The food was amazing and I hope to bring the kiddos every year to this tradition....








No comments: