Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

This Christmas was especially fun to shop for Bella because she is so in to imaginative play, dolls, and games. This Christmas morning was most special because of Julian and Bella likes to open gifts and gets very excited. Christmas morning the kids decided to sleep in until 8 so we all had to wait to open gifts! Bella got too many gifts to name but off the top of my head she got the following from Santa, Eric and I, my dad, and Cassy : a Barbie vanity set w/ pretend makeup and accessories, baby doll stroller and accessories, Dora candyland, her first barbie w/ car, playdough set, clothes, a keyboard, an easy bake oven, more pretend food,art supplies, etc, etc. She made out big time! Julian got lots of light up toys, a firetruck, and jumper, clothes, etc.
Another special part of the morning was my surprise gift for Eric. A couple of weeks ago, Deb had been given the opportunity to purchase some tickets for the Cardinals/ Cowboys game on Christmas night. She called me to see if I was interested in buying one for Eric. I of course said YES! I knew the game was Christmas night, but I couldnt pass up the chance for Eric to see his Cowboys play. Anyway, I put his ticket inside his Cowboys Santa hat that we have hanging in our house. I put on my U of A santa hat and asked him to put on his cowboys hat so that my sister could take a picture of us in our hats. As he picked up his hat, the ticket fell out and he was shocked!! He was sooooo excited!! It was awesome! My sister bought him a Dez Bryant jersey for Christmas to wear to the game. Eric gets more excited about Christmas than anyone I know. He is so giving and cheerful all the time, it felt good to give him a nice surprise.
So after opening gifts with my dad and sister, we all got dressed for Eric's dad, stepmom, brother, sister-in-law, and nieces and nephew to come over for Christmas brunch and open gifts. We had yummy egg, ham, and green chile casserole, sausage, potatoes, salsa, bagels, and fruit. We then open gifts with them and the kids got even more fun stuff. Bella got her soccer ball that she will need to play in her soccer league next month.
After they left, I cleaned up and got ready for our next batch of guests to arrive for christmas dinner. Tommy, Becky, Marissa,Britney,Deb, Delia, and Katherine joined my dad, Cassy, and I. Becky also bought Tommy a Cowboys ticket and we surprised him with it when the got here. Eric, Tommy, and Cox left to the game and I made our traditional dinner of Birria, beans, and rice. Stevie then came over to exchange gifts and to yet again spoil the kids. Bella got so many nice gifts from her Nino.
By the end of the night, needless to say I was BEYOND EXHAUSTED. It was such a great day with our family and friends and I feel so very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. We had a great Christmas and know that next year will be even better. I look forward to many more wonderful Christmases with my family and friends.... A special thank you to my dad and sister for not only the kids gifts but mine and Eric's awesome gifts. Thank you to Nino Tommy and Nina Becky for the great gifts, and to Nino Stevie as well. You all love our kids so much and do such a good job of making sure that they know it not through gifts, but because of all the time and effort you put in to show them your love. Eric and I are very thankful for that.












No comments: