Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where has the time gone?


BELLA GETTING READY TO GO TO CHURCH


Our baby is almost 8 months.. wow the time keeps on inching and inching towards her 1st Birthday which totally freaks me out. I can't believe how fast these 8 months have gone by (with the exception of the first 3 when all she did was cry), but even that feels like a distant memory. In fact, we were at a dinner party with lots of people this past Friday evening, and a friend of Jen's was there who I had met once before at Jen's birthday party in August. If any of you read my journals on the babysite, you know that her party was not a good one for me. Isabella cried literally the entire time. Nothing I did worked to calm her down. I ended up leaving early and I cried the whole way home because I was so overwhelmed. Anyway, this girl Amy at the restaurant looked at Isabella and said "wow, I didn't even recognize her, she is so happy and not crying!"

After she said that, I was thinking to myself, "wow I just can't believe that was the same baby." We stayed at the restaurant for a few hours where she was being passed around the entire time and never shed a tear or even fussed. I remember sitting at the table and thinking to myself "I can't believe I made it through that time, and how much she has changed in to a happy little girl. I am so thankful for my daughter". Believe me, it has been a crazy journey through screaming days, sleepless nights, and many in betweens. Now, she hardly ever cries, sleeps 9-11 hours w/ out even waking up once, and is just so happy. It's so wonderful!

She continues to be spoiled rotten by us and my Mom (Nannie). She has gone to church w/ us a few times, and even tried out the nursery (not a favorite of hers). Although, the nursery is beautiful and full of great teachers, she is not used to being in a nursery , plus she doesn't know the girls in there well yet. However, we plan on bringing her more often so she can get acquainted with everyone.
Speaking of church, her baptism is coming up. we are so excited! Her dress is beautiful and Eric, myself, Nino Steve and Nina Cas can't wait to baptize OUR beautiful baby girl so that she can begin her lifelong relationship w/ God.

Here are some videos of our Bella. The 1st is of me reading her a book, making animal noises and she is cracking up hysterically. I have been recording her more and more so that Daddy can see her. He has been working the past 2 weeks late nights so he has seen very little of her. The 2nd video is daddy dancing and then Bella following. So cute!

Also, have to tell my other baby Eric congrats on his soon to be promotion. He applied to go through the Operations management training program and he found out he was accepted! It's an 8 week course that will teach him the skills to be an Operations Manager. Im so excited for him, he works his butt off for us. I love you and am very proud of you Bubs. ERic is off for the next week, he took vacation time so he can be home w/ Bella. We are so excited for that.








No comments: