Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WE HAVE A CRAWLER AMONGST US!

This morning while I was waiting for Isabella's sitter to pick her up, I was on the floor with her playing. She was really interested in my slipper, so I took it off and pushed it out of her reach. This is what we normally do to get her to crawl. She will get to it NO MATTER WHAT, but usually it's one crawling move, and the rest is rolling her way there. However, today was different! She crawled all the way there! ONe arm, one leg, one arm, and again one leg!! I was telling my friend Angel, that she does not normally do that. Right as she was doing it, the sitter arrived and I handed her over.
Then, when I got there to pick her up, she was on the floor playing. She saw a sippy cup in the distance and so Simone (her sitter) grabbed it and pushed it to the other side of the room. She full on crawled to it! Her and I were cheering and yelling YAY to her! Of course, she looked at us like we were absolutely insane. We did this multiple times and she continued to crawl. I am so proud of her. I thought for sure she would just go straight to walking because since she was 3 months old, she had such an interest in standing. However, here we are w/ our little crawler! I will post a video of her when I can. So, now Isabella and I are heading out the door to go to Target to get things to "Isabella proof" the house. ahhh what a bittersweet moment this is! :)

No comments: