Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Steve's Birthday/Railroad Park day

Sunday was Steve's (Isabella's Godfather's) birthday, and we had a party at the Railroad Park. It was such a good time because all of our best friends were there, plus it was Isabella's 1st time there. The boys played football, and like always Jammie and I chatted while Bella and Gules played. We could not have asked for better weather to be outside. The girls ate watermelon for the 1st time and both absolutely LOVED it. Then, all the boys and girls went on a train ride and a carousel ride. There is nothing like seeing grown women and men on a kid train and carousel :0 so cute! Isabella really enjoyed both. Both girls of course got lots of love from all their "aunts and uncles" at the park. We had such a good time with our family, I say family because our friends are our family as well.

I am on spring break right now for the next 2 weeks, and could not be happier. I am taking care of a LOT of things I need to take care of. Yes, I know I am home at 1 pm everyday, but after waking up early and then heading to my job which entails children, by the time I pick up Bella and get home, I just want to be with her and do not much else. I am actually getting to sleep in as well. Bella usually wakes up at 530,eats and goes back to sleep until 630. BUT for the past few days, she has been sleeping until 830! I have not slept til 830 in ... well, I don't know when! So, this week I am picking up the slack and organizing ALL our closets, drawers, etc. My most fun project is getting all Bella's 1st year photos finally printed and get her scrapbook/photo book underway. I am not a crafty person, as many of you know, but I am so looking forward to getting this started. Don't worry I have enlisted a few of my crafty friends to help me out :)

Eric has taken next week off so that he can be home with Bella and I as well. I really really am looking forward to that. We have some fun things lined up for the week. My dad and Rhonda will be here towards the end of the week, so that should be fun too. Oh, and it's Guiliana's 1st birthday pary this Saturday and we are looking forward to celebrating that as well. So, as you can see... Bella and I are some busy girls this week~

A little update on her.. she is still using furniture to walk, but is much better at it. She is also standing for longer periods of time with no support. Tonight she was standing with her sippy cup in one hand and the tv remote in the other with no support at all. We can't believe she is getting ready to walk here soon :) she is also building her vocabulary and using many more sounds and FINALLY says Mama. She also says "what's up" , its the cutest thing in the world. I have also been playing some receptive language games with her (receptive language is the comprehension of information). I will say "mooooo" to her and she will reach for her Cow toy. I will say "Choo choo" and she reaches for the train about 90% of the time. She will sometimes try and imitate the sounds as well. Basically, I have one smart cookie. I know I know, I'm a crazy Speech Teacher!
Anyway, Im rambling on.. Here are some pics from our day at the park.

ON THE TRAIN


GOING THROUGH THE TUNNEL... THIS PICTURE MAKES ME LAUGH!


PLAYING W/ GUILIANA IN THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER


ON THE CAROUSEL


THE BOYS PLAYIN FOOTBALL


MINE AND BELLA'S GIRL PALS




BELLA AND I ON TRAIN W/ JEN & STEVE

No comments: