Tuesday, April 6, 2010

28 weeks pregnant

Today I had my 28 week prenatal appointment as well as my glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I am measuring a few days ahead of schedule, as I did with Bella. I gained one pound since 4 weeks ago (7 lbs total) and blood pressure was great. I am super happy! I have had a pretty good pregnancy but I am having some pretty terrible leg pain. They have been so bad that I wake up almost every night with what feels like a Charley horse. The first night, I woke up at about 3:15 wanting to scream it hurt so bad. Eric had just left for work and I was freaking out! I got up and walked around the house with Sadie and tried to get the pain to stop. After about 10 minutes, the pain finally subsided. However, every night for the past 2 weeks, I wake up at least once with some sort of leg pain. I talked to the nurse about it today, she suggested more calcium and to stretch before bed. Ahhh the joys of pregnancy :) I also have more stomach issues with this little guy. If I eat something spicy or too greasy, I will get acid indigestion which I did not get with Bella. My baby girl liked all the yummy foods :) Overall, I can't complain, I'm doing okay and have officially hit the 3rd trimester so the end is in sight. I was talking to a girl at work today and we were talking about how I obviously know I'm pregnant, but it still hasn't hit me that I will have a newborn baby at home and how different things will be. I am excited for Bella to have a brother, excited to take part in the journey of having a son, and of course to add another member to our family. I love being a Mom and can't wait to have 2 kiddos calling me "Mommy".

28 WEEKS PREGGO

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Ok, my leg pain has started! BOO! I will have to try the suggestions your nurse suggested! And totally jealous you have only gained 7 pounds! I will do my 23 week update today...I am up 14 pounds!