Monday, April 26, 2010

Julian's co-ed baby shower

This past Saturday, my best girlfriends, along with my Mom and sister, threw us Hoovers a co-ed shower for baby Julian. It was so much fun! I wanted this shower to be very laid back and not with the traditional games. I also wanted our best guy friends to be there as well. We have so many great friends in our life and half of them are men, so we thought it would be even more special to celebrate with everyone. It was a complete blast! The girl made all the fixings, and all I had to do was make the pulled pork for sandwiches. All the food was amazing and the girls did such a great job with the decorations and making sure I had to do very little.
We also played some fun games. The 1st was "How well do you know the Hoovers?" It was so funny to see how our closest friends and family answered the 20 questions related to us. The 2nd game was the bottle drinking game. All the men had 4 oz of beer to drink from a baby bottle. It was hilarious! They all looked so funny! I really can't thank our best friends enough for doing what they did for Eric and I, we are so blessed with the best friends in the world.Isabella was such a good girl, especially since there was almost 40 people in our house. I think she really loved all the attention from everybody. It's never happened that she has her grandparents, Godparents, and all her "aunts" and "uncles" all together in one house. SHe was loving it, as did we.
My sister and Dad were here from San Diego which was also awesome. Everyone is so excited to have a boy in our family. As far as gifts, we got the crib, stroller, car seat, bed set, clothes, some very special homemade gifts, and more. Baby Julian is already spoiled. Eric and Nino Steve painted Julian's room the next day, which makes things so much more surreal. I can't wait for him to be here! Here are some pictures from our fun day...

THE SHADOWBOX MADE BY MARYANN



THE AWESOME BASKET FROM TORTORA'S


DIAPER CAKE FROM THE COX'S

























No comments: