Sunday, June 6, 2010

37 week appointment/ultrasound

Friday was my 37 week appointment. My blood pressure was good, however there was a trace of protein in my urine (which could be a sign of pre eclampsia or other factors such as my diet or dehydration). So the nurse ordered blood work and we will see how it turns out. Im not too worried as my blood pressure was fine. I actually lost 3 pounds last week, which puts me back at 8 lbs total. If you see me, I look like I swallowed a bowling ball, so not quite sure how it's only been 8 pounds. I was still at 2 cm dialated. I still measured one week ahead of time so the Dr. was really interested in me having an ultrasound and seeing just how big my baby boy is. So after some lunch, I headed to the ultrasound. Well, again Julian was not good at cooperating. At this ultrasound they want to measure his tummy,head, legs, arms, etc to get a good feel for how big he is. His face continues to be presses against the placenta which made it really hard to see his face and measure his head. He is so very active that every time they tried to get a measurement, he would move. 2 technicians had to try, and then finally the Dr. I was so uncomfortable, as lying on back for a hour is not comfortable when you have a huge baby in your tummy. Anyway, after over a hour, they were able to get a few measurements. I saw his kidneys, bladder, heart, his hair, etc. It was so fun to see. The techs could not believe how active he is, especially since he doesn't have much room left in there.After his measurements, they predicted him at 8 lbs! I can not believe it! No wonder I am so uncomfortable and in pain. I have a big boy in my tummy! He was in 95th percentile for length and weight. Oh goodness that left me very scared! I want him to come out soon because he is only getting bigger the more time that passes :) What's more important is that he definitely looks healthy and he is quite active. I was unable to get any still photos or the dvd that the company offers of your ultrasound because he was so active. Ahh my lil man gives his Mommy trouble already. I feel such a bond with Julian, especially since he is so active and I can feel him moving at all times throughout the day. We are anxiously anticipating his arrival. Im hoping before my birthday which is a week from Monday, but not sure. I despise being pregnant in this awful heat so I am hoping sooner rather than later :)

No comments: