Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our 1st week with 2 babies

We are lucky enough to have Eric home with us for 2 weeks. I am so thankful because it has been quite a hectic week. It started with a trip to the Dr. for Julian's 2 day check up. He actually lost 12oz so the Dr. wanted us to come back in a few days for a weight check. I am breast feeding and he wants to eat all the time. I am constantly feeding it seems like. Anyway, she also said he was a little jaundice so we had to take him to the lab for some blood work to make sure he was ok. We have been keeping him next to windows for some indirect sunlight to help with it.
He is a pretty good baby. He sleeps during the day a whole lot, and a little at night. He like most babies, prefers to be held most of the time. He is much different than Bella was. She cried and cried, and it didn't matter if you held her or not, she would still cry. He is not a crier, he will fuss until you pick him up, but does not cry the ear piercing scream that she did. Eric and I have done a pretty good job of taking care of both kids as a team. He wakes up with Bella in the morning at about 8, and lets Julian and I sleep since I am up with him throughout the night. During the day, one of us is playing with Bella while the other is with Julian. If he is sleeping, we are both with Bella playing. Speaking of Bella, we could not be more pleased with how she is doing with the new baby. SHe has not had ONE single jealousy fit (yet) and is so helpful. If he is crying she gets upset and runs over to him and says "it's ok baby, don't cry". It's super sweet. He was sitting in his chair and Bella went over to him, gave him a kiss, and said "I love you Julian". Oh MAN, did I tear up, it was the sweetest thing Ive ever heard. I looked at Eric, he too had tears in his eyes (shhh dont tell him I said that). It was so sweet. We are so proud of how she is taking all of this, she is one special little girl. We know she will grow to be such a great big sister. It is so nice to see the bond that they already share. This week has been a crazy adventure and we are looking forward to things being a little more organized in time. I love my family so much! Well Im off to take Julian for his follow up weight check, here are some photos of his first week home..




No comments: