Thursday, March 4, 2010

4D ultrasound

Last Friday, Eric, Kyra, and I went to go see our little man in 4D. I was so excited because I had not done this with Bella and I had heard of a place that would do them at a cheaper price. Plus, in reality, I still was not 100% positive that we were having a boy. Yes, at our last ultrasound we were told 3 times it was for sure a boy, and in the photos you can clearly see his boy parts. I think I just could not picture us with a boy after having a girl. Plus, because he did not show his face last time, I wanted reassurance that everything was ok. So Friday afternoon we all headed to see him on the big screen. What was even more cool, this place allows family and friends log in from their computers to watch AND hear the ultrasound live as if they were in the room with us. The first thing the tech said was "definitely a boy" which was so awesome! Next, she switched in to 4 d mode to get pictures of his face. Wouldn't you know.. he was mostly face down and with his hands in front of his face. He was napping! Everytime the tech would try and wake him and get him to turn over, he'd kick me really hard and shift around but put his hands right back in his face! We again tried everything! I drank a little caffeine, had ice water, moved on my side, and nothing worked. The tech was awesome and she did her best to try and capture what she could. I realized that this was the same exact time as my last ultrasound that he wouldn't let us see his face. It has to be his nap time! So, we have another appointment next week first thing in the morning. Let's hope we have awesome pictures to share with everyone this time!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

It is funny you say that you can't see yourselves with a boy after having Bella...that is what I kept thinking about having a girl! Only I am having a boy! Haha! I hope you post some of your 4-D pictures, I would love to see them!