Thursday, March 4, 2010

My bragging rights as her mother :)

I must use this entry to brag about Bella a little. After having picked up Bella from Bernie's (the sitter) yesterday, we were driving home and I decided I would call Eric at work. He was on a conference call so was unable to talk. As soon as I hung up, Bella put her cute little hand up to her ear(as a makeshift phone) and said the following " Hi Eric, where are you?I miss you.Bye Bye Bernie.love you".As soon as she said it, I had to write it down so I wouldnt forget and knew that I wanted to journal it.
The things that amazed me most about her conversation was that she knows Daddy's name is Eric. She will often refer to him at home as "Eric" and of course he corrects her and says "DADDY!!" The 2nd part that amazed me is that she used the word "I". She has recently begun to use "I", and "me", which is awesome. Next, she used all 3 words in "where are you", she said what she had to say in one long sentence without any jargoning in between, and lastly that she is using her imagination while showing great imaginative play skills. It was one of those moments that as a Mom you wish someone had been there to witness it, or that you had a video camera on. She has taken such leaps and bounds in the last month. It seems like everyday Eric and I are amazed at the words she will say. She has started saying "wow, amazing!!" when she sees something she likes, which I just think is the cutest thing she says. She is putting 3 words together and just talking at every chance she gets. In fact, if it's quiet at dinner or during snuggle time, she will scream "MOMMY!!" or "DADDY!! " and then when we say "what?" she will respond with "I love you" or something else just to say something. She just has to make sure that there is no quiet time, she wants conversation at all times. She has also started saying "WHAT???" when I am calling for her. It's the funniest thing because she will sometimes say it with an attitude as if she is thinking "what do you want now Mom???". This little girl never seizes to amaze me, she is learning every day and loves doing it. I just can't believe how independent she is and if Eric and I try and do something for her she will often say "No I do it". She wants to do things for herself first and then if she needs help she says "need help". I have to constantly remind myself that she is only 21 months old because she is so mature. I have to come up with new and teacher-like creative ways to teach her things because she loves to learn. I am so proud of my baby girl, she has made Eric and I so happy. She makes us laugh so much that I can't even remember what my life was like without her. Bella when you read this when you are older, know that you make Daddy and I so happy. You are such a happy girl and in turn have made us so happy. We love you baby ! Ok that's all my bragging for now....

1 comment:

Valerie said...

What a great blog! Made me cry!